ABUS 65MB Brass Padlocks with Brass Shackles
The ABUS 65MB Brass Padlocks with Brass Shackles are available in three standard models; however other models are available, please contact our sales team with your specific requirements for a tailored quote.
The models listed in the drop-down selection vary in regards to their ABUS GPS rating (see below for further information), dimensions, shackle length and key design, i.e. keyed alike or keyed different. Please see the following table for more details.
Keyed Alike or Keyed Different (KA/KD)
Long Shackle (Y/N)
Body Width (mm)
Body Depth (mm)
Shackle Height (mm)
Shackle Width (mm)
Shackle Diameter (mm)
Total Height (Body + Shackle) (mm)
|CEN Grade *||2||2||2|
|AUS GPS Rating **||3||3||4|
*Graded 1-6, with 6 offering the highest level of security
**1-10 scale, level of security increases as the number increases
Unlike the ABUS 65/X Series of Brass Padlocks, which feature a hardened steel shackle, these padlocks include a weatherproof brass shackle in addition to their brass bodies and non-corrosive inner components. This shackle makes these padlocks more suited than their steel counterparts to applications involving petroleum; this is due to brass’ anti-spark properties.
However, these padlocks are not ideal for applications involving excessive amounts of grit, sediment or salt water, the vinyl coated T65AL padlocks (available here) are more suited to these applications.
Nevertheless, these products’ precision pin tumbler cylinders, paracentric keyways and self-locking shackles which lock on both sides, ensure that these padlocks provide an excellent level of security for low to medium level security applications.
The CEN (Central European Norm) security grade for these padlocks is two. However, ABUS’ own Global Protection System (GPS) grading varies between these padlocks. As a result ABUS advise that 65MB/15 padlocks (and their variants) are suited to low-level security applications such as securing bags, suitcases, jewellery and/or cash boxes, or other low value or low risk of theft items; whilst the 65MB/30 padlocks (and their variants) are suited to medium-level security applications such as securing items of a medium value or at a medium risk of theft, these padlocks are ideal for locking chains, doors, gates, tool boxes, lockers, cupboards, cellar windows, sheds or switchboards.
The ABUS’ range of 65MB Brass Padlocks with Brass Shackles offer solutions to a range of low to medium level security needs, including those which will bring the padlock within close proximity to petroleum.
ABUS 65MB Brass Padlocks with Brass Shackles Key Features
- Range of padlocks with both brass bodies and shackles suitable for a range of low to medium level security applications
- The weatherproof, brass shackles, with their anti-spark properties, make these padlocks suitable for tasks involving petroleum
- Available in three standard models
- Further models are available, please call our sales team
- Models vary in regard to their body size, shackle proportions and whether they are keyed alike or keyed different
- Non-corrosive inner components
- Precision pin tumbler cylinders
- Self-locking shackles
- Shackles lock on both sides
- Paracentric keyways
- CEN grade 2
- 65MB/15 padlocks (and variants) suitable for low-level security applications
- 65MB/30 padlocks (and variants) suitable for medium-level security applications
- Your choice of ABUS 65MB Brass Padlock with Brass Shackle
- Accompanying Key